Sunday, February 20, 2011

Flower Bed

     This weekend really flew by. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off!  My best friend Brittany from Rome came to see us and brought her little dog, Sophie to visit Gus!  We had a great time doing lots of fun things.  We spent a lot of time in the yard, went to the movies and out to supper with my brother, Garrett, and his wife, Tori.  
     My weekend fun began Friday afternoon.  I got off work early and literally "dug in".  Let me first say that Mark totally doubted my gardening skills before this weekend; he under-estimated my abilities.  After some persuasion, he agreed to me yanking up a few shrubs in the front and replacing them with some border grass and a few flowers. Several blisters and a sweaty bra later... taa daa!
     Mark said a few days earlier that the project "had" to be completed in one day.  When I asked why, he told me the homeowners association wouldn't like it if we didn't.  I was caught off guard. My rebuttal, "What? Who is the HOA?!?". Mark just grinned and pointed to himself.  Right away, I knew I had to do it well- no problem- and do it quickly.
    Friday afternoon I removed the shrubs, weeded bought a few plants and prepared the bed.  Saturday I purchased more and planted everything with the help of Mark and Britt.  It was definitely a job as small as the flower bed is.  However, I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.  I'm so happy with it. Thank you baby and thank you Britt for all your help! I love you guys:)  

My handsome husband watering our new grass and flowers!
 
 Good friends help you garden!!
 Brittany helping out:)  The one woman "clean-up crew."

The weather was so nice this weekend.  I had an awesome job working outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment